Monday, June 10, 2013

Top 7 Reasons to Follow Me and Turn It Up Some

Top 7 Reasons To Follow Me and Turn it Up Some. 


I've noticed as I read my daily news, I love lists. Funny movie lists, crazy plot twist lists, best style lists, lists about ties, or people you meet in college, whatever. I think we are predetermined to like lists because we know how many are left as we read. We are not committing an unknown amount of energy getting sucked in by an article we may not even like.

I also realized, I have some things to say. And, if I do say so myself, I'm a pretty good writer. So, I promise to give you the good stuff as I come across it. A little humor, fashion, family, business and whatever else I come across.

With that said, I give you my fist new blog post and list. 7 Reasons to follow me.

1. Funny family stuff. 
First and foremost, I'm a husband and a father. And things that happen at my house are funny. And not just funny to me cause it's my house, but funny to all parents, cause I know you can relate. So I'll do my best to relate them without embarrassing my family too much. Because we all deserve a laugh. My daughters are beautiful and light up my life. My son is hilarious and stubborn. Likes to argue and tackle and laugh. But hates to go to bed.



2. Dress better without being a millionaire.
So, I decided that I wanted my outward appearance to reflect my desire to succeed. I also noticed that in today's casual business climate, it's not that difficult to set yourself apart with a little extra effort. But as I started looking at nicer men's clothes, I noticed that fine fashion isn't for the everyday Joe who has kids, bills and responsibilities. That is, unless you know a few tricks. I can help with that. So I'll give you what I've learned; where to shop, what to look for, and how to put it together. I'm not perfect, but I do alright.






3. Odds and Ends. 
I'm going to tell you about a new beer I found, a new restaurant we like, some song that is driving me crazy, or a style that is ridiculous. I'm going to let you know and I want your opinion too. I'll show you crazy pictures that I take, or things like this - a Darth Vader ice cube - great for whiskey.

I might talk politics and religion, but probably not too much. People get all crazy, but I don't make any promises.








4. My wife is a genius. 
So, for one she married me, but other than that, my wife is a professional treasure hunter. I mean it, she can walk into a thrift store, garage sale or estate sale and make amazing finds. I'll show you some stuff she finds and tell you what to look for in your area. She might even help me and blog from time to time. This is also one of the dress better secrets.










5. Leadership and leading from wherever you are. 
If there is one thing I'm passionate about at work, it's leadership. I have the opportunity to lead a team and find great satisfaction in their success. But you can lead from wherever you are, whatever position you have. I promise to share things that helped me along the way like books, development programs and little best practices. But at the end of the day, ask yourself if you care about what your doing. And if you do, actually really honestly care about your job, company, etc. , does it show in what your doing right now?


6. Social for business and new tech news. 
I've been in the wireless business since before I could drink (legally). I love new and emerging tech trends and social media. I research it and study it a lot. I am intrigued with the way it social evolved from the early MySpace to the dozens if not hundreds of social  sub-genres. Truth is, I'm really late this blog thing because I was afraid I didn't have anything of value to add. I had the opportunity to assist with a corporate social media strategy for a couple of businesses now and want to continue down that path. Also, I love the the way the wireless industry has evolved. My first phone was an NEC that held 9 numbers in its memory. Now I can post this blog from my phone.
Also, check my instagram http://instagram.com/stephenpjones10.  I love new phones, tablets, really all technology. Can't wait to get my hands on Google glass.

7. I'm an Okie in Chicago. There's nothing better than taking someone and putting them out of their element. Like taking a small town boy born in Oklahoma and putting him in the Chicago. Now granted, I didn't grow up on a farm, or break horses, but I like to pretend I did. I'm from Oklahoma City, which is, in fact, a city. But no one knows the difference here anyway, so I might play up my redneck card a bit, just to set myself a part. What sets you a part? How do you turn it up some?


No comments:

Post a Comment